Files (the so-called "cookies") are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the website user's end device and are intended for using the website pages.
Cookies usually contain the name of the website they come from, the storage time on the end device and a unique number. Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- to apply the content of the website pages to the user's preferences and to optimize the use of websites; in particular, these files allow to recognize the device / website user and properly display the website, tailored to his individual needs;
- creating statistics that help to understand how website users use websites, which allows improving their structure and content;
- the website uses "persistent" cookies. Persistent cookies are stored on the user's end device for the entire time specified in the cookie parameters or until they are deleted by the user;
The website includes the following types of cookies:
- "Necessary" cookies, enabling the use of services available on the website, eg authentication cookies used for services that require authentication on the website, "performance" cookies, enabling the collection of information on how to use the website pages;
- In many cases, the software used for browsing websites (web browser) by default allows the transmission of cookies on the user's end device. Website users can change their cookie settings at any time. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the web browser settings.
Detailed information on the possibilities and methods of handling cookies is available in the software (web browser) settings.